Has a Fire caused Soot and Smoke Damage throughout your home?
Smoke damage and soot caused from a fire in your home can penetrate in various cavities within your home. This can cause hidden damage and odor if not taken care of and cleaned and deodorized by a professional. We are experience in smoke damage deodorization and our experience allows us to scope and inspect to accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts and behaviors:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
Did you know there are different types of smoke damage? There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue following a fire in your home. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Gaylord & Cheboygan will test the soot in your home to determine which type of smoke damage occurred has affected your home and how we can help get you back in your home. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting and our scope of work identified. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different and unique, each one requires a different and tailored solution for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today –SERVPRO of Gaylord & Cheboygan at 989-705-2400