Wind Damage Tips
SERVPRO of Gaylord & Cheboygan hopes that you are all safe and sound with the high winds we have been experiencing in Northern Michigan. We wanted to take a moment to provide some tips for any wind storm damages.
- Vacate the premises in the event of major roof damage – Safety should be your primary concern!
- Avoid electrical hazards. Stay away from electrical lines that may have fallen.
- Initial roof assessment should be done from the ground as damage is not always visible.
- Contact the utility company to ensure lines are de-energized.
- If you suspect damage to your shingles or structure, contact SERVPRO immediately.
- Don’t enter rooms where overhead damage may be a safety hazard.
- Don’t attempt to install a tarp during a storm.
- Don’t climb on roof. Roof may have unseen structural damage.
- Don’t walk on tarped surfaces.
- Don’t climb on roofs that may be wet or icy.
- Do not use a metal ladder near power lines or in close proximity to energized electrical equipment.
- Don’t attempt to remove debris from roof.
Call SERVPRO of Gaylord & Cheboygan with any of your storm damage needs at 989-705-2400!